Sunday, June 28, 2009

Gardening to Save Money

For the last couple of years, my husband and I have grown gardens in the summertime. I need to say that by no means do I have a green thumb... but we have been very blessed with the produce that we've been able to grow. This year, I planted a total 13 tomato plants, as I'm planning to can tomatoes to use later. Of those, 3 have ripe tomatoes right now. I spent $3.00 for each of the 3 plants, and am now reaping the reward.




This is a picture of everything that I picked yesterday. I go out to the garden every day to find a few ripe tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers. Not only have I been able to save money on produce, but I've found a hobby that helps me relax and brings peace.

Even if you don't have a space to have a garden, putting a couple of tomato plants in pots by the front door can be rewarding, as well as a money-saver.

1 comment: